Codex Ivstianvs

Why, hello. Fancy seeing you here.

Emperor tropique du cancer toucan beak

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The solstice brings us good tidings

Often I despair for our world, and our Republic. I get up a read the news and see death and destruction and overfed white guys just generally fucking shit up for the rest of us, and I want to go back to bed and close my eyes and sleep for a thousand years until it all goes away. But then you see children playing in the park with their grandmother, or read a beautiful poem and faith is restored and a calm settles upon my aching heart; I am content and walk on with a smile and knowledge that all is not lost.
Today, again I have seen such greatness in the human soul manifest. Behold, like a flower unfolding in the sun, or a child's smile comes, "The Coreys":

Former teen heartthrobs Corey Feldman and Corey Haim have teamed with RDF USA ("Wife Swap") on "The Coreys," a hybrid improv comedy that would center on fictional versions of themselves a la "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
...
"The Coreys" picks up with Feldman living the comfortable suburban life with his wife Suzie and son, until circumstances bring his old pal Haim back into the picture. Episodes would follow Haim -- single and the total opposite of Feldman -- as he shakes life up for the Feldmans.

This is the greatest solstice gift I have ever received. Greater even that the gift of life itself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home