Codex Ivstianvs

Why, hello. Fancy seeing you here.

Emperor tropique du cancer toucan beak

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Good TV

Among the few, yet, compelling reasons to have cable TV is the access one has to the obscure. Television is a window onto a wide world of information coursign through the coaxial veins of the national subconscious. And this evening I have enjoyed "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes" an old black and white series of original adventures from the master detective being played on WGTE the PBS station out of Toledo (we get three PBS stations in Ann Arbor: Toledo, Detroit, Flint). I love this shit. The first adult fiction I ever read (other than the Bible) was a two volume collection of all the Sherlock Holmes stories. I have been a fan ever since. I love all things Sherlock. I have, in the past, seriously considered the purchase of a deerstalker cap. It will take a tremendous amount of effort to prevent me from going one day to 221b Baker Street, London. I will exert that effort, though, because nobody likes a tourist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home